Saturday, November 12, 2016

Bernie!

Not even a week after the 2016 election...

We were at the airport to see my brother in law off. We were a little early so we were just talking to kill time and my mother-in-law and I had a long conversation about politics. About how I hope this motivates people, how Bernie inspired us to care about politics and that - who knows, maybe I'll run someday! Then we go to walk my brother-in-law to the start of security - I just walked to where they stopped and my mother-in-law whispered, "BERNIE. BERNIEEE!!" I was confused thinking we were continuing our conversation and I am thinking, what about Bernie? And she says, "no - turn around! BERNIE!" as she was pointing behind us to Bernie getting his identification checked by security. I turn around, my eyes widen, my jaw drops. My mother-in-law says, "don't stare". Rafae says "hi Bernie!". He looks up from putting away his ID and smiles at us. I go - "eeeeeee!" And he walks past the glass. A few people came up behind us to go tap on the glass to give him a wave or a big smile. We are still watching my brother in law go through with only a person between them. I see some of the TSAs shake his hand as he was going through. His wife adoringly smile at him. It was so awesome to watch this moment of adoring love and respect.

No comments:

Post a Comment